Monday, October 10, 2011

weekend highlights

We hung out at our neighborhood, Ang Mo Kio, this past weekend. 

On Saturday, we all woke up early and headed out for a brisk walk. We went around the block then did a few rounds at the park to cool down. It felt great to have exercised again! Our 2.3km walk gave me the energy I needed the whole day. I hope I/we could do it again soon. It's quite challenging to find the time to go out and exercise but I know it must be done. We have to be more conscious of our health now that we have a tiny human being who is completely dependent on us.

After Ziv's morning nap, we made our way to Ang Mo Kio Public Library. I returned some books and picked up three new ones. I've begun reading two of them and I find both really interesting. One is about infant brain development and the other is about Magda Gerber's parenting philosophy aka the RIE approach.

From the library, we walked to the post office to mail some stuff and then to AMK Hub for lunch. We celebrated Ziv's seventh month with fish and chips and Hawaiian burger at New York New York. The food was good! I fed Ziv peach puree, which he loved, while we were having lunch. Before heading back, we stopped by the supermarket to grab some Huggies and a bit of food.

Ziv fell asleep on the way home, poor kid. When we got to our flat, we laid him down in his crib so he could nap, but unfortunately (for us) he woke up after half an hour. He was a bit cranky the rest of the afternoon but calmed down when he took him for a walk in the park. He was so happy as he rode his dada's shoulder. We spotted a black cat and Ziv was so fascinated by it. He also had a grand time sitting on his own at one of the benches.

After our walk, I gave him a bath - in the bathroom for the first time - then put him to bed so he could rest.

Ze hubby cooked his version of pork adobo for dinner. It's been a long while since he cooked it last. He simmered the pork first then stirfried it together with some potatoes. It was soooooo good and is just as sinful. It went so well with steamed white rice.

We just lounged at home the whole of Sunday. Ze hubby and I decided to bring out all of Ziv's old stuff, take photos of them and sell them online. If our three-room flat is a person, then it seriously needs to go on a diet. It's overweight verging on obese.

Like me. My goodness. I need to start watching what I eat and really exercise more! I'm actually taking a cocktail of antibiotics and asthma medicine now because the doctor said there's some strong wheezing on my left lung. I've had this cough for a week now and it's not getting any better. I hope with the new drugs the doc prescribed this morning, I'll recover fully. It just sucks to be sick.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Hay naku!! Super agree on exercise. Before I got pregnant, grabe, twice a week futsal, once a week yoga, then I'd try (operative word) to jog once a week too. Ngayon, wala kahit ano!! Napapanaginipan ko palagi nagfu-futsal. Shucks!!

re: cough, when Elise was born I had a two-month-long cough na di matanggal-tanggal, pneumonia na pala. I had to drink this weird powdered medicine na dinidissolve like juice for a week. :( sana matanggal agad cough mo!

Kat said...

oh my gulay. sana nga gumaling tong ubo ko. kung hindi daw, kelangan ng x-ray. haiz. hehe. thanks iggy!