Monday, October 3, 2011

weekend highlights

Ze hubby and Ziv at IKEA; Ziv having fun eating at McDonald's; me feeding Ziv at Old Town; Ziv and Ninang Nell

We had a busy, busy weekend. 

Aside from the cleaning and the laundry, we did a lot of shopping! For Ziv's stuff! Who else? Hehe.

Our mission was to look for a more cushioned play mat for Ziv. He's attempting to sit now and the carpet + blankie set up isn't cutting it. When he attempts to lift his torso a bit higher than usual then crashes, he ends up crying. I had those numbered rubber mats in mind and we found them at Carrefour. It was only when we went back home that we realized we got a set meant to be used a piko (hopscotch) mat. No wonder one piece was shaped like a half circle. Haha. That is parent-not-reading-the-label booboo number 1.

We also went to Mothercare to get some weaning bibs. The plastic backing on them makes a difference especially when it comes to liquids. Regular bibs can't protect Ziv's onesies from getting wet.

On our way to Marina Square from Suntec, we passed by Payless ShoeSource. I didn't know they had a branch here. I remembered ze hubby mentioning he needed new shoes so we went in and checked out their offering. Ze hubby ended up buying a handsome pair of driving shoes. No, we don't have a car and he doesn't drive. It was comfortable though and we figured he could wear it to work or during weekend walk-a-thons at the mall.

Then on Sunday we went to IKEA to get Ziv a highchair. The lover-of-pretty-things in me dreamt of owning either the Stokke Tripp Trapp or the Baby Bjorn highchair, but the housewife in me knew practicality trumps design. Those nifty highchairs cost $519 and $399, respectively. How could that beat the magnificent 25-dollar value of the IKEA Antilop highchair? We also bought the Barnslig support cushion ($9) and the Antilop tray ($4). The result? Happy, happy baby. And happy baby makes mommy happy too.

While we were at IKEA, we also got a bath mat for Ziv. I also wanted to buy these building beakers for him, and I thought I did until we got home. Turned out I got the wrong box! I got the shape sorter! I wasn't aware they were both called Mula so when I got a package marked Mula, I thought I got the beakers. Yun pala it was the shape sorter. That is parent-not-reading-the-label booboo number 2. Haha.

During the weekend, we also met up with Ziv's Ninang Nell. I don't know if Ziv was just hungry or sleepy but he cried the entire time he was in his Ninang's arms. Separation anxiety? Maybe. But yesterday, while we were at the Mr. Teh Tarik hawker center, Ziv was friendly with the cleaning lady! In fact he was too friendly for my comfort. He was laughing and touching the cleaning lady's arms, even allowing her to kiss him! Ze hubby and I were shocked. This little boy keeps us on our toes talaga.
 
A lot of face stuffing happened during the weekend too. Nasi lemak and chicken curry for lunch at Old Town. Burger and fries at McDonald's. Pasta and fried seafood at IKEA Cafe. Cheese prata and teh tarik at Mr. Teh Tarik. Then tinola for dinner last night. 

Ziv also pigged out on milk and pear puree, applesauce and rice cereal. He really enjoys eating with us. :)

Had so much fun with my boys! Can't wait for Saturday.

No comments: