Thursday, October 20, 2011

raising Ziv tidbits

How can I not give in???
Everyday I get glimpses of the kid my son is going to be and the parenting challenges I and ze hubby have to face.

Today for lunch, I prepared rice cereal with broccoli for Ziv. I mixed them well, hoping he won't detect the broccoli taste.

But he did. 

And he made sure I knew he knew there was broccoli in his cereal.

After a baby teaspoon-full of broccoli-laden rice cereal, Ziv gagged. I thought he was going to throw up but he didn't. Once I made sure he swallowed the food and was breathing normally, I offered him another teaspoonful. He willingly opened his mouth but once the cereal reached his tongue, he gagged again. He refused to take another teaspoon of what I thought was an okay-tasting concoction. (Yes folks, I tasted it.)

So I gave up and put off feeding him broccoli for another day. (Like tomorrow. Gerbers can only be refrigerated for 48 hours you know.) In the meantime, I fed him custard with banana and he liked it. No gagging. Marunong di ba?

Hmmm. I wonder how I'd feed him veggies when he's already a toddler. Can't seem to trick him now!

Aside from making him eat his veggies, I also wonder how I'd do in the discipline department.

As I mentioned before, dressing Ziv up after his bath is always, always like being in a wrestling match. This evening wasn't any different. Putting on the diaper was a struggle and I think putting on the onesie on my fidgety baby burned me 100 calories. 

I was getting tired and a bit annoyed so I attempted to make Ziv lie still so I can put on his socks and pajama. I sssshhhhed him with matching pangdidilat.

He stopped fidgeting. 

But then he started to laugh! I sssshhhhed him again and he laughed again! Next thing I 
knew we were playing. 

I guess I have to reconsider my disciplining approach. My son thinks it's funny. But at least I managed to dress him for bed!

No comments: