Friday, October 7, 2011

happy 7th month Ziv!


Ziv turns seven months old today! 

We're just five months away from his first birthday. Can you believe that? I can't.

I was looking at his first baby photos last night and was just amazed by how much he has grown.

He's much more active now, rolling, rocking on all fours, getting ready to crawl. He actually does a mini crawl, with his legs straight and flat on the floor. He hasn't figured out how to coordinate all the necessary muscles yet but I'm sure he's pretty close. We rented a playpen for him so he could have a safe area to play but he decided he doesn't want to be fenced in so I dismantled it.

He has a rubber play mat, but it seems he's more interested in the white, cold, hard floor. He's got a lot of toys, but he always, always tries to get a hold of my rubber slippers. I noticed he's also more engaged when he's playing with a colander or stainless steel bowl or a turner. He gets bored with the usual baby toys easily.

Changing Ziv's diaper has become a sort of workout for both me and his dad. He's always trying to reach for something, like the wipes or a towel, and usually refuses to lie still.

Bath time has become more fun. For him. Since he can sit in his tub now, he pounces on the water, so often and with much vigor that mommy and the floor are always drenched by the end of bath time!

Ziv also babbles and shouts a lot, and has a range of facial expressions from his I'm-hungry-feed-me-now cry to the I'm-so-lovin'-this-applesauce grin.

And oh he loves his applesauce. And prune puree. And rice cereal. And banana. He loves mealtimes! He eats with us so I hope he gets used to that habit until he's ready to move out.

We've fallen into a fairly regular daily routine (eat-sleep-awake-play) but Ziv is anything but predictable. One night he'll sleep through, the other he'll wake up at 2am, then 3am the next. He keeps us on our toes.

I can only see this whole parenting thing getting more fun as Ziv grows, but also more challenging. Nevertheless, I'm thankful for our lil boy every single day. He truly is a blessing.

Happy seventh month son!

No comments: