Wednesday, October 5, 2011

motherhood fail

My poor baby fell from the bed today. My goodness. How can I let that happen?

I'll attempt to illustrate my stupidity.

See, I'm in the process of migrating ze hubby and my clothes from our bedroom closet to the other bedroom's closet because we're getting dressed in the other bedroom most of the time. The adults' bathtime usually happens when Ziv's asleep so in order for us to not disturb him, we bring our change of clothes to the other room. Since no one is using that room anyway, my brilliant mind decided to just use it as a walk-in closet slash wasteland, where everything gets dumped. 

But I digress. 

Ziv was on the bed while I was removing ze hubby's clothes from the cabinet. I was constantly checking where he was and for some dumb reason, I judged his being just one roll away from the edge of the bed as okay. Maybe it was because I was just right there beside him. Nothing disastrous could possibly happen, right?

WRONG!

I turned my back for while and when I turn around, he was not on the bed anymore! My poor baby was on the freakin' floor! I didn't hear anything, no thud, no nothing. It was as if I deliberately put him there.

Only I didn't. 

He cried the moment I screamed. I picked him up and comforted him while I checked every part of his body. No injury! He was okay and after a while, I was tickling him and he was being hysterical. Thank God, Ziv's guardian angel was on duty.

How many times have I read to never leave your baby alone on any raised surface? Uhm, possibly a thousand times already. But still, I do it. I always think "Oh, he's not gonna roll that far. He's not gonna fall." Guess what, Kat? One thing babies do best is surprise you. They're like thieves. They attack when you're least careful.
 
I've definitely learned my lesson. From now on, I'll only leave Ziv in his crib. Never mind if he screams his tiny lungs out. At least I can be sure it's only my ears that's gonna hurt.

3 comments:

gie said...

hehe. He cried because you screamed, that's all. :) okay lang yan, just be careful yung back ng head kasi yun ang delikado. one time I left Chino sleeping sa rocker just to make a quick weewee, next thing nakita ko nakataob na rocker and wala pa yun 1 minute ah! Ang kaba ko hanggang lalamunan! hahaha :D

anyway, I'm sure their lolas are always there to make bantay when we're not looking. sigurado pinagtatawanan nila tayo. lol :)

Kat said...

anyway, I'm sure their lolas are always there to make bantay when we're not looking. sigurado pinagtatawanan nila tayo. lol :)---> korek ka diyan Gie! :)

Reden said...

that's not failure B :)