Thursday, October 20, 2011

parent in the present

We're still five months away from Ziv's first birthday but here I am, excitedly scouring the Internet for party theme ideas, invitation inspiration, balloon decorations and whatever else is involved in birthday parties.
 
And then I read Notes From a Dragon Mom

It killed me.

I've experienced loss, but how can a mother deal with the impending loss of a child? I can't imagine how painful that could be. 

I can't imagine life without my Ziv.

Everyday I am thankful for the gift that our son is. Ziv has enriched our lives in every possible way, made us grow up and just gave us another wonderful reason to be better versions of ourselves. I know that Ronan did and still does the same for his parents.

I hope that no matter how stressful this journey becomes for me and ze hubby, we won't forget the lesson that the Dragon Mom shared:
Parenting, I’ve come to understand, is about loving my child today. Now. In fact, for any parent, anywhere, that’s all there is.
Halleluyer.

No comments: