Sunday, October 2, 2011

just me for a while



I've been up since 4:30, currently pumping while drinking Horlicks. Having noodles for dinner makes me hungry at an earlier hour.

Ziv has been sleeping for 10.5 hours straight for a couple of days now. He sleeps at 6pm-ish and doesn't take a peep until around 4:30. I feed him, change his nappy, then put him back in his crib so he could go back to sleep. I, meanwhile, will attach thy boobies to the pump. After 30 minutes, I either go back to sleep or start my day.

I don't mind early mornings. I've always been an early riser and I really like starting the day before Ziv and his dad are up so I can have some time for myself. These quiet moments don't come by as easily as they used to so they're more precious when they're here. It's during these times when I can reconnect with myself and be me again--neither the mom nor the wife. 

Just ME. 

It is also during these moments when I don't want anything from myself. I don't want me to do the chores. I don't even want me to think about the chores. I just stop and luxuriate in all this, hmm, stillness. It's so peaceful here. No loud sounds, just the ticking of the clock and the humming of the refrigerator in the background. And the rain. Not the harsh, end-of-the-world kind, but the soft, calming kind.

This is the perfect time to meditate. 

And pray.

And then to indulge in a warm cup of coffee.

Times like these make me feel really blessed and happy.

No comments: