Thursday, October 13, 2011

running errands with ziv

Today was running errands day! I look forward to days like this because Ziv and I get the chance to go out of the flat and beyond our neighborhood park. But still just around the neighborhood. It just involved walking across the block next from ours then crossing the street. For us flat rats though, it's an adventure! So with Ziv on the stroller, we went off to search for cheap treasures!

First stop was the seamstress. I had my maxi dresses shortened last Monday and picked them up today. I haven't tried them on yet but they look okay. That's the problem with being overweight and short. I can only fit in US or European size dresses but they're always too long. I can't wear them as is unless I want to sweep the street.

From Auntie Seamstress, we then went to bargain center number 1. I bought a self-adhesive rubber protector which I can stick on to our wooden sofa. Ziv is more mobile now and sometimes when he's trying to catch a toy, for example a Lay's Stax tube, that went under the sofa, he ends up bumping his head on the furniture's edge. Hopefully this rubber protector will do its job and prevent Ziv from getting hurt.

I wanted to look around bargain center number 1 but Ziv was overwhelmed (again!) by the gazillion items on the shelves. And I totally get it. Even I, an adult, get overwhelmed by all the stuff available there. But I really love wastelands aka bargain centers. I always end up buying something.

That's why one bargain center isn't enough! We walked to bargain center number 2 where I bought the LED booklight I saw yesterday. It only cost $1.05!!! I bought one because sometimes I want to read in bed but cannot turn on the lamp because it might wake Ziv up. This LED booklight should do the trick. Well, I hope. Maybe I'll try it tonight. Need to catch up on reading the books I borrowed from the library.

We then went to the fruit stand. I bought one avocado and four US red plums for Ziv to try. From there, we made our way home, but we made a detour to our favorite provision shop to get Gardenia.

And that concludes our adventure! I'm looking forward to the next one!

1 comment:

Apple said...

Yung isang dress mo ba, Missoni for Target???