Monday, January 31, 2011

c is for...

Childbirth education. Reden and I attended our first childbirth education class last Saturday. We were taught about the signs of labor, what to do when in labor, coping and pain relief, and the role of the partner during labor. We were given really useful information and since we were being lectured about it instead of reading it from a book, we were able to pick them up quickly. My husband finally understood what placenta previa is and why I need to have a C-section to deliver our baby! 


Check-up and C-section. Before the class we had our antenatal check-up and we were so relieved everything is okay with the baby. He's still two weeks behind in terms of size but that's okay. The doctor said we can schedule a C-section anytime during my 38th week, which is March 15 onwards! I can't believe we can pick a date when we'll finally meet our little one! We're so excited!


Chose a name. Yes, we already picked out a name for our little one, but we won't be making any announcements until he's here! A bit of mystery is good!






Contract signed. Reden already signed our tenancy agreement last week and we'll be moving to our new flat in Ang Mo Kio on February 21! That's just 21 days from now. I've been requesting for quotations from professional movers and we're about to decide which one to pick soon. All that's left to do is pack! But my doctor told me to let Reden handle everything move-related so I'll just sit back, relax and supervise! Haha!


Cool weather. Here in Singapore. I'm glad the rain finally let up and I can see some patches of blue skies again. It's been overcast and rainy since Saturday! 






Chinese New Year. The holiday is huge here in Singapore. Everyone will have reunion dinners with their families and the shops and malls will be closed early, if not the entire weekend! This is only the second time we'll be spending CNY here since we always made it a point to go back to the Philippines or travel somewhere. But since I can't travel anymore, we're staying put. 


__
Drop caps from Daily Drop Cap

2 comments:

ashrage said...

C -- heers and
C -- ongratulations! Less than two months nalang, excited!!!

Kat said...

Hehe! C--ool!