Wednesday, January 5, 2011

best of 2010: reunion with SYG


Another highlight of 2010 would have to be my reunion with my closest friends from high school. We've been friends since 1994 and the last time our barkada was complete was in 2005, I think.

Madz, Thet, Cecile, Eden, Grace and I called ourselves Six Young Girls aka SYG back when we were students in Canossa, and I'm glad to say that up to now, even when we're not so young anymore, we're still very good friends.

Life pulled us to different directions (and provinces and countries!). Madz migrated to Ontario, Canada in 2005, while I moved to Singapore in 2007. Thet lives in Batangas City while Cecile stays in Quezon City. Grace is still in San Pablo City while Eden, after working briefly in Taiwan, is now back in Alaminos, Laguna. 

When we were kids, we talked about our crushes, gossiped about the popular girls, got entangled in teenage dramas, fought and made up. Now, we mainly talk about our families and how we're coping with life. We've grown up.

My friends are all raising their own kids now and I think they're all doing a great job at it. Taking care of the children plus work and/or keeping our homes in order keep us busy and don't allow us to get in touch as often as we should. But, thanks to Facebook, we're doing a better job at updating each other about what's up in our lives.

I'm really so proud of these girls women. I love them and I'll always be grateful I have them in my life.

--
Scrapbook page credits: Poppy and Cream dots background papers, blue, green and orange flowers and butterfly from Princess kit, and alpha from Promise kit, both by Shabby Princess. Template by Tanya Riley.

No comments: