Thursday, January 13, 2011

out with the old, in with the new


I folded all my pre-pregnancy clothes today so we have less stuff left to pack before we move. This pile includes my running clothes, jeans, tops that are too short for my belly and a lot of office wear. Hmmm. I wonder when these will see the light of day again. I figure I'll be living in maternity and nursing tops for most of the coming year.


Since I already put the old aside, I now have room for the new! I've already made a list of things we need to prepare for the hospital as well as the baby essentials we need to purchase before the little one comes out. 

Thanks to my friends, we already have all the  side-tie tops, socks, burp cloths and sleep suits we might need for the first few weeks. My sister-in-law also sent in a couple of our nephew Jake's stuff from the US (aren't hand-me-downs just great?) which my mother-in-law will be bringing here when she comes next month. 

My good friend Madz also gifted us with a front pack baby carrier so that's another item off the list. Most of the big ticket stuff, such as the crib and the stroller, we still have to buy though. We have yet to prepare our breastfeeding essentials, such as the pump and a couple of bottles, too. Hopefully, the 74 days left before our expected due date will be enough for Reden and I to get all the necessary stuff for me and for baby!

3 comments:

ashrage said...

Re: essentials for baby, hope this link helps -- http://www.pinoybaby.com/2008/11/list-of-essentials-to-buy-for-baby.html

You might want to check this out also: :)
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/bottle-feeding.html
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/2/T022400.asp

Am so excited to see my inaanak na! :)

ashrage said...

Re: choosing a pump

http://www.workandpump.com/pumps.htm

My breastfeeding-advocate officemate said pinaka okay sa mga affordable pumps yung Lansinoh double electric pump, same lang sya ng Ameda Purely Yours (which is more expensive--pareho lang kasi yung manufacturer nila). My SIL and another friend use Lansinoh also :)

Kat said...

Hey George, dun ko nga sa Pinoybaby nakuha yung list ko. :)
Thanks dun sa mga breastfeeding stuff. Walang Lansinoh pumps dito pero ichecheck ko yung Ameda.