Sunday, February 6, 2011

a weird dream and an ER trip

We're on our 33rd week already! Just four more weeks to go and our baby's full term! We're so excited! 


I'm so looking forward to it that last night I dreamed I was taking care of him, changing his diapers and feeding him. I put him to sleep and then forgot about him! My mother was there, and asked me "bakit hindi mo alam???" Then when I went to check up on my sleeping baby, he was already crying and his diaper was wet and he was alive, but choking on a pacifier. Such a crazy dream. I know I wouldn't forget about my baby!


Everything pregnancy-related has been generally smooth in the past seven months but when I hit my 32nd week, I had my check up and the doctor said I had high blood pressure. She ordered a blood test and then I was asked to come back three days later. Still had high blood pressure and higher than usual uric acid in my blood. So, she ordered another blood test, told me to measure my BP at home after waking up and before going to sleep, and prescribed me Adalat, which will relax my blood vessels and lower my BP. She told me to call her when my diastolic pressure went beyond 90mmHg.


I was expecting the worst to happen so that evening, it did. My blood pressure hit 160/110 and Reden had to rush me to the ER, upon my doctor's order. We went to Gleneagles Hospital and the ER doctor had me lie down on the observation bay for two hours. She gave me a pill which I had to put under my tongue, and after one and a half hours of grogginess, I was fine and sent home.


Since then, Reden has been checking my BP every morning and evening and thank God, it has always been on the normal range. We're going to the doctor again this Saturday and I hope it won't spike!

1 comment:

Marge said...

Ingat lagi, Kat. Final stretch! Tas homerun na =)