Friday, January 7, 2011

best of 2010: getting pregnant


The best thing that happened to us in 2010 was getting pregnant! After trying for two years, God finally blessed us with our little bundle of joy. 


We discovered we were on the way last July. I was on the last leg of my training for the Shape Run, was sprinting and all, and I fell sick. On the morning of July 21, I woke up, my gut telling me to use that spare home pregnancy test in my closet. I wasn't expecting for two lines to show (because there has always been just one line), but to my surprise, there were two lines! I checked the box and surely, two lines meant positive! I rushed out of the bathroom and woke Reden up. "B! It's positive!!!" He was groggy and was only able to mutter, "ha?" I said, "Positive!" And we just hugged and I almost cried. It was the best moment of my life (well, until I heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time). We just couldn't believe it we had to do the test again the following morning and the morning after that. All tests showed positive!


Our baby boy's due to come out in 78 days and we're just so excited. But before he arrives, we still got plenty to take care of. We have three sessions of childbirth education classes to attend, a hospital bag to pack, a crib to look for and buy and clothes to wash. These on top of us looking for a new flat and packing and moving and unpacking. Whew!


But we're happy. And we can't wait!


--
Scrapbook page credits: Background paper, knot with eyelets and journal mat from Baby Got the Blues kit by Tracy Scherrer at Digital Freebies. Polaroid frames created using Photoshop.

No comments: