Monday, January 24, 2011

31 weeks and excitedly counting


Here I am at 31 weeks. After a happy and comfortable second trimester, the pains and discomforts are back, and they're back with a vengeance. Thank God I don't feel nauseous though. I don't want to throw up again!

I've experienced heartburn two nights in a row (definitely didn't help that I had a few sips of Coke the first night and I ate an entire serving of char siew and roasted pork the next, hihi) and had to take a dose of Gaviscon to relieve the symptoms. 

My hips feel like they're going to split and walking for long hours (which we did yesterday at the mall) have become quite tedious. We needed to take breaks and sit down so I can rest and even put my feet up. I noticed walking is easier with arch support from my Birkenstocks instead of no-support-at-all ballerina flats but I just didn't want to ruin my look. Haha.

For a couple of days, I had what I thought was sciatica but after trawling through various Internet sites, I realized I could've had pelvic girdle pain. There was a nagging pain on my left butt cheek, which ran down my thigh down to my knee, making it hard to stand up and walk. It was worse at night and was more tolerable during the day. Whether it was sciatica or PGP, I'm just glad it's gone (for) now.

Breathing has become such a task too. At night my airways seem to be blocked then during the day, I find myself huffing and puffing even if I'm just walking from the living room to our bedroom. 

Waking up for trips to the bathroom during the night makes me sleepy during the day too, so I need to make sure I take a nap. Unfortunately, the construction at the unit below us have been causing irritating noises keeping me from enjoying my usual hour-long naps.

Despite all these, I'm not complaining. I love being pregnant. I'm looking at this whole experience as a wonderful blessing from God, which makes coping with all the discomforts much easier. I actually think I'm gonna miss being pregnant once I give birth in 63 days (crossing fingers!). 

2 comments:

ashrage said...

Love your glow! :) Excited as you are, lapit na! Hope I will be able to visit you in the early months (nanaginip ako na binisita daw kita jan after mo manganak hehe), but I'm just here should you need whatever form and kind of support :) Love the necklace din pala hehe!

Kat said...

Thanks George! Yep, pwede ka nang bumisita dito kasi magrerent na kami ng sarili naming place. :)