Friday, January 2, 2009

goals for 2009

It's the new year and what would it be without new goals?

Generally speaking, this year, I will strive to strike a balance between doing the things I love and being a responsible adult. I will take care of my body and at the same time nourish my spirit and mind. In particular, though, I see myself:

1. Having a healthier and more fit body. I've probably resolved to do this for so many new years already but I this year, the planets are giving me my much-needed support! According to my horoscope, Leos will have their resolve and energy to come up and stick with a new fitness regimen this year, thanks to the perfect alignment of the significant planets. It also says I will have the energy I need to exercise and that I should begin in the days from January 1 to 4. I refuse to purchase a gym membership because it costs a lot. B and I, however, are contemplating on buying a stationary bike. Treadmills are expensive! But then again, we can always walk/jog on the linear park.

Apart from exercise, I have to come up with a sensible eating guide. Good thing Bob Greene has a plan in the Jan issue of O Magazine. All I need is the will and strength to follow it!  

2. Shopping less and saving more. This year, I vow to shop only during sales (at least for clothes and accessories). I already computed my monthly budget and increased the amount allotted to savings so that I can reach my goal of at least three months emergency fund within the year. On top of that, B and I also have our target savings for this year. We need to reach that before we spend on our dream trip!

3. Loving my job and doing my tasks well. I love my present job but I could be more enthusiastic about it. Our team is now under the marketing department and our bosses are promising more exciting stuff to do. This year, I will be patient and vow to see things through in terms of work.

4. Visiting places I've never been to and revisiting places I love. According to our horoscope, this is a good year to travel for metal roosters. We did start planning as early as December and have booked flights already.

5. Reading more. This year, I want to read all the books I bought/received as a gift that are gathering dust in our room. I think that should keep me reading until the end of the year!

Cheers to 2009!
 

2 comments:

Denice C. said...

my goals for this year are pretty much the same as yours. well except for travelling, siguro one or two trips lang ako. sabi kasi ni PM magworsen daw ang recession, kabado naman ako, hehe.

about exercising, kaya mo yan! sa umpisa lang talaga mahirap. i once read that it takes 21 days to change/develop a habit. start sweating na! :)

mayen zuno said...

Go Ate!