Monday, October 20, 2008

Beauty-full weekend

I attended the Bobbi Brown Glamour Nude Make Up Artistry Workshop last Saturday. It was fun using all those Bobbi Brown products and learning the proper way of applying them. Here is my before and after pic:

Before: The ngarag I-can't-even-fix-my-bangs look. Medyo malelate na kasi ako for class niyan.

After: I thought the eyes looked too shiny pero when I got home it was beautiful pala. I told B with matching pungay ng mata, "mukha akong seductress!." Hehehe. I guess di lang bumagay sa suot ko.

So, what did I learn?

1. Invest in make up brushes. This I have yet to do. Ang brush lang na nageexist sa kikay kit ko eh yung Bench blush brush na binili ko eons ago.

2. Apply make up only on clean and moisturized skin. During the class, we were instructed to apply cleanser first tapos toner. After cleansing, naglagay kami ng serum (anti-aging) then face base. I loved the serum. Feeling ko instantly naging firm ang skin ko. Naglagay din kami ng lip balm tsaka eye cream.  

3. Find the foundation that best matches your skin tone. At kung susubok kayo from the counter, iapply sa skin na malapit sa jawline, hindi sa wrist. Try at least two shades of foundation.

4. Bago maglagay ng foundation, do all the corrective work first. During the class, pinagamit kami ng color corrector at concealer under the eyes para mawala ang dark circles.

5. After applying foundation, seal it with loose powder, not pressed powder. Pressed powder is only for retouching. (This I didn't know.)

6. Apply blush. Smile so you can find the highest point of your cheeks. Tapos ang pagapply is three small strokes downward, one sweeping stroke toward the temple then blend with downward strokes.

7. Then apply lipstick. Yes, lips muna kasi ito daw ang magbibigay ng kulay sa mukha. Tsaka hindi daw everyday may oras tayo to apply eye makeup. Kailangan daw nakasmile din para nagkakaron din ng color yung lines sa lips. Top it off with lip gloss.

8. Work your eyebrows. Sabi ng kuya na nag-assist sa akin, maganda na daw ang brows ko (thanks Aaron) so no need to put brow liner. Natural brow shaper ang nirecommend niyang gamitin ko. In mahogany. Never use black on your brows daw kasi lahat daw tayo may brown undertones. At ang sundin is color ng hair, hindi ng lash. Tinuruan din nila kami pano sukatin ang eyebrows.

9. Here comes the complicated part: the eyes. Medyo nawindang ako sa instructions pagdating sa eye make up kaya buti na lang nirescue ako ni kuya. Basta sabi nila it's all about layering. And patience. Hehehe.

10. Nakakuha din ako ng madaling method ng pagaapply ng mascara (which is the only eye makeup I put on everyday). Dapat yung mirror mas mababa kesa sa face tapos tingala ng kaunti then your eyes should look down. Hilahin ng kaunti pataas ang brow para mastretch yung talukap then curl your lash. Same din ang position pagapply ng mascara. I tried it today and it worked!!! Mas madali nga maglagay ng mascara.

I would say the $150 fee I paid was sulit. Aside from learning the basics, I was able to take home a lot of goodies pa! Tada!

Aylavet!

******

That same day, I also rinsed my hair with a mixture of lemon juice and water (juice of one lemon and three parts water). I felt I needed a clarifying rinse since I use mousse on my hair daily. I rinsed my hair with the lemon mixture after using shampoo and conditioner then rinsed it with water after three minutes. Effective!

Super clean ng feeling ng scalp and hair. Tanggal ang residues . I will rinse my hair with it weekly na.



4 comments:

reinier tinapay said...

cool!!!...lemon for hair....sounds interesting...hehehe..

Carlo & Pia's Wedding said...

*ingget*

Yen Uera-Tesoro said...

very educational, huh! more posts!

Louie Pilapil said...

nice! thanks for the tips, kat!