Friday, October 17, 2008

Envious of: Ems


What's enviable: her ability (yes, superhero levels na itech) to wear (and bear) high heels; her fashion sense and confidence.

(Was so surprised to learn that Ems' feet hurt, too.)


How would you describe your personal style?
Colorful. Girly. Relaxed.

Who is your fashion icon?

I don't really have one, because I think even the top designers and fashionistas have their good and bad days. There are some designers I follow though, not because I wear their designs (how I wish!) but because I just LOOVE their work. For patterns and color combinations its Emilio Pucci.  For dresses Kenzo and Etro. For red carpet and fasyon gowns, Badgley Mischka* and Monique Lhuillier. For sheer entertainment, Vivienne Westwood. Sexy everyday wear Collette Dinnigan. Punk rock outfits John Richmond.

* For Spring 2009, I liked Basso & Brooke's Jap collection. :)

Where do you usually shop for clothes? shoes? bags?
Clothes - Of course there's the tried and tested Mango, Zara and H&M. Pag sale Club Monaco, DKNY, Calvin Klein and Patrizia Pepe. Most of my stuff however comes from local stores. There are tons of places to shop here, mostly nameless (or baka di ko lang maalala kasi they're in Chinese at di nag-re-register :P) I few I know are Zucozz, Izzue, In and Out, Maple and Focus. 

Shoes - VNC has the most stylish, affordable and comfortable shoes ever! In SG its Charles & Keith. Here you go to Lane Crawford, Pedder or IT outlets to get the good stuff. They carry designers like Chloe, Maison Martin Margiela, YSL, Dries Van Noten, Marni and  Christian Louboutin. You can get past-season styles discounted 50 to 90 percent! (And we're not talking 90 percent off at HK$1,000 (P6k) here ha. I've found really nice shoes from there that were just about HK$100-200 (P600-1,200)

Bags - I'm not a bag hag. Pangarap kong magka Chanel 255 someday, but right now I really can't get myself to spend so much on one single bag. So what I have for work are mostly from H&M, Esprit, Nine West (sale!),   FCUK (sale!).  But my greatest finds were amazingly from surplus stores (as in export overruns) and department stores like SM. (Makati has the best stuff)

How much time do you spend in putting together a typical workday outfit?
It was probably more when I lived in Manila. I don't really have time to think about what I'm going to wear before I go to work every morning, so I usually spend an hour or two  on the weekend to try stuff on, see what works and I use those for the coming work week. Honestly, I'm not a mix-and-matcher ( I would love to be though)  When I find a top that really goes well with a skirt, yun na yun. So I have a lot of tried and tested ensembles.

It's no secret that you love shoes. How many pairs of shoes do you presently have?
Around 50 in Manila and 60 here in HK. (Yes, I actually have a list- organized by color and classification, i.e winter/summer, sandal/pump. OC! Heheh :P)

Do your feet feel any kind of pain at all? 
Constantly. I'm always saying that if my feet could, they'd kill me! Of course through the years I've learned to choose the right type of footwear to avoid further torture. I've invested in some comfy flats especially when I started working in HK. Tinanggap ko na na 5'2 and 3/4" lang talaga ako. :P

Fashion tips:
In general: Wear old, wear new, but always wear YOU. 
For sales: THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING! You just have to look hard enough.

4 comments:

Yeriquo Abila said...

Way to go Emsy! Imeldiffic ka talaga. Loved your fashion tip: "Wear old, wear new, but always wear YOU".

Kat, yes it's true Ems's feet feel pain as well. I was just with her last night and she was complaining about her feet in pain, well reasonable naman because we were at SoHo na challenging ang slopes, hehe.

Pam Davies said...

Gotta love Ems :) And yes, her feet hurt too. I know cause we change shoes when they do haha!

Tanya Tiotuyco said...

or we dash into mannings to buy stockings!

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

sabi na, superhero levels ang paghiheels ni ems! =)