Wednesday, November 30, 2011

what does a mouse and a toenail have in common?

Guess who did this?
I sometimes carry Ziv on my lap while I use my computer and I just let him tinker with whatever on my desk he's able to get his tiny hands on. Last week that "wahtever" was my laptop keyboard. The li'l boy managed to pull out the space bar, as shown in the above photo. Luckily, nothing was broken and I was able to put it back on. It's still a functioning key, thank God! 

Today my left foot's big toe and my mouse became the latest in the list of the little destroyer explorer's casualties.

Since I didn't want him near my laptop anymore, I offered my Logitech keyboard as an alternative plaything. It kept him entertained and I was able to surf on the net for a few minutes, but after a while, BAM! The keyboard fell on my big toe's nail! I did a fake cry (but the pain was real) and whined "aray ko" over and over. Ziv became still and quiet for a few seconds before wreaking havoc again resuming to his exploration. 

He turned his attention to my mouse. If I were a baby, I would probably be attracted to the mouse. It has a red light on the bottom after all! Once he got hold of it, Ziv mouthed and sucked the USB end of it. I thought the thing was fine but as I was using it just now though, the pointer on the screen wouldn't respond. I tried on another mouse and it worked perfectly so I guess the other mouse has been damaged. 

Friends with kids tell me that loose and/or missing keyboard keys are just the tip of the child-induced-appliance-breakdowns-and-pain iceberg. They could be right!

No comments: