Monday, November 21, 2011

mommy's day off

I had my monthly day off yesterday. Ze hubby was left here at home to take care of Ziv. It's the second time I left him on his own to hold the fort so he was more confident. All I had to do was write down Ziv's schedule so he'll know when to feed solids, bottle-feed, put Ziv down for a nap etc.
Click to see Ziv's schedule!
Ziv fell on this pattern on his own but also with a little coaxing guidance from yours truly. See, I'm a stickler for routines/schedules. I get easily stressed by unpredictability but since Ziv arrived, I had to let him be in his own time, whether or not it was convenient for me and his dad. I had to learn to be more relaxed and just follow Ziv's lead. But I'm so glad we now have more or less predictable days, making it feasible for mommy to have a day off.
 
Oh and I need even just one day off baby caring duties. I love being a stay-at-home mom but one day in a month when I can just be on my own does wonders for me. I've only had two days off so far but each time I come back from my solo outings, I feel refreshed and ready to take on another month of everything. 

Don't think I indulge in spa treatments or go on expensive shopping sprees. My outings are far from being grand or luxurious. Last month I had a doctor's appointment, had lunch at the food court and the only thing I did which can be considered a treat was to have coffee and muffin at Starbucks. Yesterday, I went out and had lunch at the food court, shopped at the 2-dollar store and had my hair cut at an express cutting outlet. After that I stopped by the supermarket then went home to my boys, whom I missed so much. I do miss my boys. Whenever I'm out I sometimes wish they were with me, but then I get distracted by the shops. Haha! But I'm glad I'm able to take a day off and just regroup. 

I'm also thankful and happy I don't have to worry about my baby. His dad did a wonderful job at taking care of him.

No comments: