Friday, November 25, 2011

what are you thankful for?

Source: whatinspires.me via Liz on Pinterest


It's Thanksgiving Day in America and while our families and friends on that side of the world are feasting on huge turkeys, it's just an ordinary day here in Asia. But that doesn't mean we can't reflect on the things we're thankful for. Gratitude is a good practice, not only on specific days of the year, but every single day.

So here are some of the things, big and small, that I'm thankful for, in no particular order:
  • My husband, who is such an awesome provider and a wonderful father
  • My son, who gives us joy every moment of every day
  • The roof on our heads, even if it's tiny and messy and rented, it still gives us a cozy place to be a family
  • Food on the table more than three times a day
  • My family. Always.
  • My Lola's health. She's 85 and counting!
  • Friends who got my back.
  • Technology, which allows us to keep in touch with family and friends.
  • The aparment's washing machine, which shakes violently each time it's on spin mode. Still better than handwashing.
  • Our tumble dryer. No need to hang clothes!
  • My Medela Pump in Style. Without it, Ziv wouldn't still be drinking breast milk.
  • My Canon EOS 450D. Yes, it may be considered ancient by now but still it allows me to record moments of my life.
  • My DELL Inspiron 1525. It may be old and not a Mac but it does its job well.
  • The Internet. Can't live without it.
  • Disposable diapers. I just don't want to add cloth diapers to my wash load.

What about you? What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Lynx said...

Thank you for this inspiring post. I realize there are so many things to be thankful for, but because I always the things I don't have at the moment, I tend to neglect 'em. Again, thanks and keep posting wonderful stories on your site!