Tuesday, November 29, 2011

diptych #10

Leg strengthening pose
Yesterday, I got an e-mail from babycenter with the subject "Your 8-month old: Week 4." What the? It's already been four weeks since Ziv turned eight months? Where did the time go? Parang kailan lang, Ziv did nothing but sleep all day!

The diptych above shows how Ziv looks like most of the time. He can stand up now when he can hold onto something sturdy enough. The toy box definitely doesn't fall on things-Ziv-can-hold-onto-when-he's-trying-to-stand category, but it surely belongs in the things-Ziv-can-tip-up category. Once he's able to tip the box, he pulls toy after toy after toy until all of them are on the play mat.  

When he's not busy taking out the contents of his toy box and playing quietly on his own, Ziv alternates between crawling over me, standing up while holding on to the sofa and trying to climb onto said sofa. I love watching him do all these but it has become more demanding on me, physically. And Ziv is just starting. He's not even walking yet! 

I helped take care of my brothers when they were toddlers so I sort of know what's ahead of me -- lots of climbing, lots of chasing, lots of pulling. Hopefully there'll be just a few bumps on the head and zero broken bones.

No comments: