Thursday, November 24, 2011

november book picks

I think Ziv has gotten the hang of us reading to him because lately when I start reading his stories for bedtime, he smiles and does his happy and excited dance. I love it! 

This month we're reading two books. One of them is Spot Says Goodnight, which is part of the Spot series by Eric Hill. 

The story revolves around Spot's bedtime routine, making it a perfect way for easing the baby into his own bedtime. Spot says goodnight to his friends, puts his toys away, takes a bath then says goodnight to his parents and himself! 

Ziv's favorite part is when Spot takes a bath and plays peek-a-boo with the reader. Every time we reach this page, Ziv beams!

Click image to see animation!
The other story we're reading is I Dreamt I Was A Dinosaur by Stella Blackstone. It features amazing fabric artwork by Claire Beaton.
This book is hardly for infants. I checked online and it's targeted towards school-age kids. Ze hubby picked it up from the library and since it was colorful and attractive enough, I decided to give it a go. It was difficult to read at first (erm, parasaurolophus?) but I later got the hang of it. You should hear ze hubby read this -- so entertaining!

1 comment:

Reden said...

Redenosaurus! Grabe effort yung peekaboo na book :D