Monday, November 17, 2008

Envious of: Mayette

And with this, I conclude my envy series. A recap will be posted soon!

*****


What's enviable: Mayette is super active: she scubadives and surfs, is enrolled in a boxing gym and sometimes coaches a cheerleading squad! She travels frequently, too!

Where does your energy come from?
I actually don't know. I guess my energy comes from the love for life, the passion to try something at least once, my curiosity for a lot of things and intrepid and fun travel companions!

Do you take multivitamins or energy drinks? If so, which brands?
I don't. My mom use to remind me I should but I've got more natural energy than pills and capsule sold in the market, so why bother and spend?

Have you always been active even as a little girl?
Yes to the nth level. My parents, especially my dad, are very adventurous. When I was younger my dad would spontaneously take me and my brothers to various trips which usually involve rough activities. I had that in my system so when I grew up and was permitted to travel alone, I would grab my backpack and travel across countries. Sometimes I'm even on my own. I think it's what most Europeans call the 'backpacking' style but for me it's just travelling the rough way. I usually end up enjoying spontaneous trips even better than when I have plans. I'm also very active in a lot of sports especially the extreme kind. And, I've been addicted to longboard surfing the moment I was able to stand up years ago.

What would make you drop everything and stop?
Tough question. I could say starting up a family. I don't think I can surf or travel around in a 28 kilo backpack while i'm pregnant. I can also say marriage because you know what they say - its like being jailed, but I have a positive outlook. I know that I'd find that perfect match who'd be down with the adventures.

What fills your schedule, aside from work?
Travel and sports. Since I only have 15 days off in a year, I'd use weekends to take a trip somewhere I've never been to if I do not have any vacation leaves left. After work, I train in the boxing gym, do a lot of sports including football and gymnastics. I go diving, too. when a cheerleading squad calls for a coach I'm there as well! Sometimes I would be too pre-occupied with a lot of things, I hardly have time to think about being stressed and being single.

One extreme thing you want to try:
Definitely snowboarding. And skydiving and diving with great white sharks (in a cage)! I think I'll do these next year.


Fast forward: what would you be doing when you're 50 years old?
When i'm 50, i'd probably have kids if God permits. I will most likely put up my own hostel backpacking style where there is also a rental place for surfboards, diving equipment, watersports stuff etc. Maybe when I'm 50 I already have a teenage daughter/son - I'd be their greatest coach/teacher/travel companion. Maybe by 50 am still travelling, who knows?

3 comments:

zane ronquillo said...

don't conclude it!!! gawin mo muna siyang site!!! (kulit no?)

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

hahaha. nakakatuwa ka zane. =) i might, when i have the time na.

MaYeTTe Castro said...

nice. thanks for the interview I had a good laugh answering it! now am laughing at my answers... as everything seems so honest.. actually, leaving on Dec so wanna say hi as well ;-) still looking for a date for your wedding ;-) Salut!