Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cosmeticus Addictus

Just a bit over a month, ubos na ang aking face powder! Kaya kagabi I visited the MAC counter at Vivo City para bumili ng bago. Nagpacheck ulit ako ng shade after Tanya told me she's an NC35. It's impossible that Tanya's skin is darker than mine. Tisay siya eh ako morena.

Lo and behold! Tama si Aaron. NC45 ako! That's three shades (I think) darker than what I'm using now (NC30). Buti walang kumakagat sa akin sa daan at napagkamalan akong espasol. Hihi.

And because I was in the mood for some credit card scraping, I also bought Plushlash mascara in Plushblack. I love mascara. It opens up my eyes and gives me a certain glow that's more fab than when I'm only wearing blush and lip gloss. It finishes my everyday look and makes me look more alive.

Anyway, back to Plushlash. I could say it's the best mascara I've worn since I started using makeup. I wanted to post a photo of me wearing it this morning but we were running late so here's the review from Karen of Makeup and Beauty Blog:

MAC Plushlash will kick your Plushass!

I’m usually a big fan of drugstore (aka cheap!) mascaras and makeup, but MAC Plushlash is actually worth spending your hard earned cash on. And, baby, I know you work hard for that money.

Plushlash awesomeness begins with the huge brush. It’s all puppies and rainbows from that point on, ladies:

- excellent curl hold
- great lengthening and thickening
- deep, dark black color
- doesn’t smudge

Everything she said is true! Compared with what I'm currently using (Maybelline Unstoppable Mascara), Plushlash doesn't smudge and is wayyyyyy easier to apply. I love it! I'm in mascara heaven! Hihi.

And that's another priceless moment brought to me by Citibank. 

6 comments:

Reden Mateo said...

haha!

Tanya Tiotuyco said...

Cool beans! It's great to find products that are a perfect match :D

Aimee Rae Ocampo said...

My problem with mascaras is they're always thickening AND lengthening. Eh I don't need lengthening -- kaya hindi ako makapag-mascara sa office kse tumatama na sa salamin ko yung lashes ko!

So, may MAC ba na mascara na kseng fabulous ng Plushlass pero hindi lengthening? :D

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

based on my research (as if), the best thickening mascara is Diorshow. Max Factor 2000 Calorie is good din daw. =) Sa MAC, siguro yung Fibre Rich. Halos lahat ng MAC lengthening din eh (sabi sa site nila).

Miss Marela Lalala said...

I told ya, based on an unmentionable number of years experience with MAC, they almost never get your shade right the first time. Even at saks fifth avenue they gave me something 3-4 shades lighter. And for the different types and finishes of foundation, your shade will also vary one shade up or down, so best bet would be to test it for a day or two and return if it's not the right shade.(also if you're acidic, your foundation will darken an hour or so after putting makeup on.)

im glad you're enjoying being a makeup junkie(?), ive been one since forever. lol. some stuff you may want to try out: water perfect by shu, shimmer veil by shiseido, lip glass by MAC, juicy tubes by lancome, mascara by paul and joe, and as a tribute to drugstore brands, splash mineral blush/bronzer. :)

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

wow! thanks for the suggestions marela! =)