Tuesday, June 9, 2009

win something now!

Hi dear Multiply contacts! It's time for the first contest! But first the rules:

1. Only my Multiply friends can join this contest. As I said, family members are not qualified.
2. Each person is only allowed one entry per round.
3. All correct entries will be qualified for the raffle draw, which I'll do 48 24 hours after posting the contest.
4. The winner will be announced here immediately after the draw.

Simple, noh? I hope a lot of you will join para fun! Hehehe.

Here's the riddle. Can you guess which US city this is?

A moving monument runs through me
From a market to the edge of the sea
A vermilion link bonds me to another
And I’ve been home to many a freedom lover
Notorious men once lived on my rock
I guess they had nothing but bad luck
You’ll enjoy driving through my zigzag block
While my shaking ground might leave you in shock!

Leave your answers as comments! Think hard and good luck! I'll be posting the winner's name on Thursday Wednesday evening.

17 comments:

Aimee Rae Ocampo said...

San Francisco!

nell enriquez said...

San Francisco!

nell enriquez said...

waaa!! naunahan ako

Tin Tin said...

gayahin ko na din sagot nila... San Francisco. :-P

Dodi Liongson said...

huhu sa gabi lang ako nakaka-login :(

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

ok lang dodi, you can still submit an entry. iraraffle ko pa naman yan. =)

Yeriquo Abila said...

The "zigzag" and "vermilion link" may refer to San Francisco, but the "moving monument" and "freedom lover" say it could be Washington DC. The "shock" factor might even refer to New York. Hay, I'm torn. I haven't been to the States. Can we do Asia first? Easy Round lang muna dapat kasi :) "World peace" pede bang sagot? Hehe.

Dodi Liongson said...

sige sa next, di ko naman talaga alam sagot eh.hahaha!

Ays Randrup said...

san francisco ito :)

christine yusingco said...

San Francisco!

evan rosal said...

sige makikisali na din sa san francisco...

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

sarado na ang contest as of now! will announce the winner later. =)

Reden Mateo said...

wow dame sumale =)

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

dahil excited ako, nagdraw na ako ng winner! hehehe. wala nang audit-audit ito ha. hahaha.

and the winner is: xtine! congrats!!! lucky talaga pag preggy!

pero since aimee was the first ever to come up with the correct answer, she deserves a prize too! so congrats to you too aimee! hehe.

i'll send you both a personal message regarding the prize. =)

thanks to everyone who joined!

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

oh and the answer is San Francisco. hehe.

A moving monument runs through me-->Powell-Hyde Cable Car
From a market to the edge of the sea-->from Market Street to Fisherman's Wharf
A vermilion link bonds me to another-->Golden Gate Bridge
And I’ve been home to many a freedom lover-->hippies
Notorious men once lived on my rock-->Prison at Alcatraz
I guess they had nothing but bad luck
You’ll enjoy driving through my zigzag block-->Lombarde Street
While my shaking ground might leave you in shock!-->San Francisco is earthquake-prone

Karen Ramos said...

SAN FRANCISCO!!!!!

Karen Ramos said...

yikes huli na pala ako! hahahaha... San Francisco is a great city to visit... sayang wala akong prize!!!!
next please