Monday, June 8, 2009

where's the Imelda in me?

I used to have lots of footwear. Even if I still had functional pairs, I'd buy a new pair if I saw one that I liked/thought I couldn't live without. Just look at the slippers, sandals, flats etc I have in that photo, which was taken years ago when I was still in Makati. If I remember correctly, I just threw out some of the pairs I wasn't using anymore/I could live without before I took that photo.

Now I only have 11 pairs (flats, tsinelas, sandals and running shoes), all of which are in rotation. They're all pudpod, all gasgas, all dirty and all super gamit. I don't buy shoes on a whim anymore; I just buy them when I need them. I guess the Imelda in me died when I left Manila, and there are no more SMs or Landmarks to satisfy my lust for cute yet cheap (but sometimes uncomfy and mahuna) shoes. If I want cheap but reasonable quality here, I have to opt for Charles & Keith, which isn't really cheap by Manila standards.

Now I have to trek down to the Charles & Keith shop at the first floor of our office building because I need to buy a new pair.

I was wearing my purple flats this morning and when I got on the train, I noticed that one part of the upper (faux leather, from Landmark) was no longer attached to the sole. In Tagalog, nakanganga siya. Buti na lang hindi siya super buka na nakikita na ang toes ko and I was still able to walk to the office with a shoe on each foot.

Why do these things happen when you're trying to save money? I also ran out of face powder so I need to buy a new one too! Arrrgggh!

Anyway, saw these nice pairs at French Sole:
Hortense, SGD 220+

Lowcut, SGD 186+

Droooolll slurp slurp slurp.

UPDATE: Nevermind. I decided to honor my self-imposed shopping hiatus and just use my office tsinelas later. Wag lang sana maputol ang straps nito!

4 comments:

Denice C. said...

jusko ang mahal!

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

hahaha. kaya nga hanggang pics na lang ako. unless makakita ako ng nakasale niyan. hehehe.

mayen zuno said...

pag uwi mo dito, bumili ka na agad ng sampu

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

sampu?! hehehehe.