Tuesday, June 2, 2009

pet society

Yesterday my mom told me we had a new kitten in the house. Here she is, as photographed by my sister:


I love dogs more than cats, but I have a soft spot for kittens. They're so cute and cuddly! I was excited to see our new pet. I wanted to play with her and rub her and take photos of her.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to do any of those.

My sister just told me via YM that the cat died last night. She was attacked by one of our dogs, Django. My heart sank when my sister told me this, which is funny because I haven't met the kitten yet.

I can't get mad at Django for killing the poor kitten. He's just a dog and is acting on instinct. Django is really short-tempered when it comes to "intruders." This is not the first time he attacked a "trespassing" animal.


Django is a good dog but he's sumpungin. When he was younger, he growled whenever he saw us getting dressed or prepping to leave the house. I'm still quite scared of him and am quite hesitant to be with him. I rub his belly but we have the gate between us.

I asked my sister if the kitten bothered Champs, our other dog. She said Champs also chased the kitty but he only looks at her and doesn't attack her.


Champs is Django's son. He is gentler but he has his own sumpong - when Champs sees Django by the gate, he barks at him like crazy. One time, Django got mad and bit Champs on the eye. Fortunately, hindi siya nabulag.

I miss our family pets! It would've really been nice to meet the kitten but I guess I just have to settle with our old, suplado cat, Muning, when I get home.

---
Photo credits:
Cats by Lia, dogs by Mommy

12 comments:

LiA Zuño said...

pang-kontra bida yung picture ni django. haha

LiA Zuño said...

si champy hindi nabulag, naging banlag lang. haha

Reden Mateo said...

='(

mayen zuno said...

nakakaiyak...

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

si champs naman mukhang girly. hehehe.

Apple Mateo said...

ay kawawa naman...

Carlo & Pia's Wedding said...

i love your pets too kat! kahit galit sila samin. hahaha

LiA Zuño said...

si muning nilalaro nung maliit na muning, hindi naman pinapansin. iniirapan lang.

mayen zuno said...

inilibing na ni pavs sa likuran, nilagyan pa ng cross, hehe.

mayen zuno said...

me napanood akong movie, yung big dog pinatay yung isang small dog, pina-euthanize nya.

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

di naman baliw si django eh.

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

hehehe. madalaw paguwi ko.