Monday, February 23, 2009

oscar tidbits

I'm glad Kate Winslet won. I loved that part when she asked her dad to whistle. Cute.

*****

That bit when the past best actress winners gave a short tribute to the nominees. Naluha ako kay Anne Hathaway pa lang. 

*****

Sophia Loren naman could've pretended to feel what she was saying to Meryl Streep noh. Haha. Super halatang binabasa niya yung speech.

*****

I'm happy Harvey Milk, este, Sean Penn won best actor.

And that Heath Ledger won best supporting actor.

But I also loved Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder.

*****

I felt sad naman for Jennifer Aniston. Nasa second row siya with John Meyer tapos first row si Brad at Angelina. Here's the Us story.

"When the lights were down, Aniston smiled directly at Pitt, but not at Jolie."

It was really brave of her to show up.

I really wish her well. (Haha, kala mo friends eh.)

*****

Must watch Frost/NixonDoubtThe Wrestler, Rachel Getting Married, The Reader and Vicky Cristina Barcelona soon.

2 comments:

Ronaldo Panisso said...

I also like how Shirley MacLaine introduced Anne Hathaway. She seems really impressed of her! I also laughed my arse off when De Niro joked about Sean Penn about getting straight guy roles all through the years.

They should have let Steve Martin and Tina Fey host the event. Their presentation was so much fun!

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

thanks Ronald, I didn't know the woman who introduced Anne! Haha.

and anthony hopkins looked nervous when he was introducing brad pitt. parang may makati sa katawan niya. hehehe.