Wednesday, February 11, 2009

checkpoint 1

It's been more than a month since 2009 began and it's time to see how I've managed to keep my resolutions/goals.

1. Having a healthier and more fit body. - So far, so good. I've started exercising about 30 minutes a day, five times a week. We've also switched to brown rice. We're also keeping our junk food consumption to only once a week and only if it's unavoidable. We try to eat at home more often now.

2.  Shopping less and saving more. - I've been staying away from the malls so I can avoid temptation. However, we've been purchasing air tickets here and there so I haven't managed to raise my savings yet. Maybe next month.

3. Loving my job and doing my tasks well. - Still loving it and still doing it.

4. Visiting places I've never been to and revisiting places I love. - My sister is coming over for a two-week vacay and I'm planning to take her to two places I haven't been to yet: Labrador Nature Reserve and Fort Canning Park. I'll also bring her to the Civic District, which I love. So two checks for goal number 4.

5. Reading more. - I wasn't able to finish my January book, which is YOU On a Diet. I got bored with it. For February, I'm reading Eat Pray Love and I'm hooked.

What about you? Are you keeping up with your resolutions?

No comments: