Thursday, October 22, 2009

keeping the faith

Mommy is improving, thank God! She and dad are in Calamba Doctors Hospital now so she could get an MRI scan. I pray that everything will be satisfactory. I am looking forward (so much!) to the day when she's back on her feet, loving Michael Jackson and having her hair coloured and her nails done. 

I realized she may not return to how or who she was before she had her hysterectomy so I stopped praying for things to go back to normal. What is normal anyway? What I pray for now is for her to get well and get healthy. I miss hanging out with her and I am really hoping that we can all celebrate Christmas together in Singapore. But now, the priority is to get her healthy and up and running (or even walking) again.

Knowing what we know now, I would've asked her to reconsider the surgery. But I know too that it's useless to think of might've beens so we'd be better off accepting what we have now and to just deal with it. She had the operation already and she's having these issues now. We just have to do our best with the cards we've been dealt.

Besides, there are still a lot of things to be thankful for. One, that my mom doesn't have cancer. Two, that my dad can afford the medical expenses. Three, that we're all here together and that we have family and friends praying for us. Four, that me and my siblings are all grown and self-reliant. I am really thankful that my brothers grew up to be the reliable boys, rather, men, that they are now. Miko has been driving us around. Paolo relieves dad at the hospital. Lia isn't around but I'm sure we can rely on her too when weekend comes.

I still wish Reden were here because I get lonely sometimes. I'm just so used to this house being full of life and now I know that my mom has got a lot to do with that. This house could feel a bit empty when you're alone here. Buti na lang the dogs are here.

My first week here is almost up. Two more weeks to go. I pray that before I leave, mommy will be back home, able to eat on her own, rest on the couch, not in pain anymore, and hopefully, undergoing physical therapy that will help her spine and muscles. 

I was reading the Daily Bread the other day and the thought for that day was "Be faithful - leave the results to God." I've always believed that God speaks to us in the language we understand. I know God spoke with me that day and He told me that. I will keep the faith and just entrust the future to God. 

No comments: