Tuesday, October 20, 2009

getting better

I am glad my mom is feeling much much better today. She was already able to sleep and lie down flat on the bed. She's no longer pale and is able to eat a bit too. These are significant improvements and I'm really grateful.

Last night when we visited, Tita Gina and Tito Philip were both there. I realized that we're not alone in this and we have friends and family who are with us in this both physically and in prayers. Even Nora is worried about mom and is glad when I updated her about mom's condition. "Hay salamat," she said.

Mom still needs to go through an MRI to so the doctors can see her internal organs. I pray she doesn't and won't have adhesions in her bowel, or else, she might go under the knife again. She's also incontinent and would need a diaper tonight. I hope it's just a minor side effect and nothing serious. I am fervently praying for her complete recovery but for now, I am satisfied and appeased seeing her smile, laugh and sleep again.

Thank You God!

No comments: