Monday, April 20, 2009

catching up

I was on sick leave today. Nothing major. Just sinusitis. The doc gave me mean medication which would remove the blockage and make me sleep at the same time. Sweet. The drugs here are hardcore. They'll knock you out. 

I needed to be knocked out though. I've been feeling stressed and out-of-balance since we came back from our Ilocos trip. I guess blocked sinuses are my body's way of telling me I need to step back and rest. When we got back kasi I went straight to work then this weekend was all about doing the laundry and cleaning the room. Pero naisingit ko naman ang panonood ng movies: one Tagalog movie last Friday, two last Saturday and a Hollywood flick last Sunday (all already in the Reviews section).

I think what remained of my energy was sucked out when I cleared my closet. It depressed me! I realized that the clothes I bought last August were size 12. And I'm frickin' wearing 14s now! Oemgee! The truth hit me like a 10-wheeler: I'm getting bigger and bigger by the second and if I don't do anything about it, I could be bedridden in a few years' time! It scared me!!!

I made healthy switches already. From white I went whole grain, from whole fat, I went low fat. I think the problem is with the amount of calories I consume. I am exercising but I think I'm only reaping health benefits from it. Ano ba naman ang 30-minute, low to medium impact walk-jog? I think I have to be more aggressive if I want to control my weight.

B discussed the possibilities of joining a gym but I find it...impractical. I would if I had extra cash but there are cheaper/free options naman.

Anyway...

After the emotional and stressful closet clearing, I decided to take Monday off. I had a valid reaon anyway.

So. I managed to take two one-hour naps today, one in the morning and another in the afternoon. I was also able to finish Absolute Sandman Vol. 1 and I must say, I'm totally hooked. I loved the Sandman Miscellany at the end, especially Neil Gaiman's proposal. It helped me understand the story and the characters better. That Gaiman guy has a wild imagination! He's super. I admire him. He's awesome.

And my husband's back from work. So, till tomorrow!

1 comment:

mayen zuno said...

Travelling, even for pleasure, is stressful. And you catch viruses more easily in plane rides. Sabi daw. Kaya dapat doble ingat para mas lumakas ang resistensya.
Kapag enrolled ka sa gym, mas mapipilitan ka mag-exercise, baka cheaper pa in the long run.