Thursday, February 23, 2006

signs


I'm going to Boracay tomorrow! When I woke up I was feeling beachy already so I decided to wear a summery outfit for work today: khaki capris, a bright-colored shirt and pink floral Havaianas.

How un-corporate, noh?

I felt like an outcast when, on the elevator going to the cafeteria, I found myself amongst people wearing polos, knit tops, slacks, leather shoes and bags in white, black, gray and brown. If not for the girl who toted a red bag, it would've felt like Pleasantville.

This experience made me realize how I'm so not made for this world. I can't stand being in the corporate world. For me, it's too...hmmm...restrictive.

Maybe this is a stereotype or maybe I'm really just this jologs girl who's meant to work in creative, cramped up workplaces. I'm loud. I eat like a kanto boy. I love wearing tsinelas, maong pants, capris and shirts. I'm such a maton. I like wearing my hair up in a messy bun. And I'm not good at schmoozing.

How un-corporate, di ba?


When I was still a kid, I always dreamt of having a corporate job, of wearing a business suit, killer pumps, framed glasses and a super tight pony tail. But I guess when you get to know yourself better, your dreams change and what used to feel right suddenly feels not so right anymore. It's an exciting journey, discovering yourself.

It's amazing how everyday experiences help you figure out what you want and lead you to the right path. It's really just a matter of opening your eyes and acknowledging what's in front of you.

So ano na?

Hehe. Wala lang.

This is a good day. =)

5 comments:

TwistedHalo said...

kat! i can totally relate! my daily uniform is a white blouse, black slacks and a black blazer - talk about restrictive! but i've always wanted to be a lawyer so it's kinda okay, i just make sure my accessories are colorful and i wear as much color as i can on week-ends! and i think i'll be the most kikay lawyer ever! :D (fingers crossed)

bora!!! and i <3 the havaianas!

tyler durden said...

feeling ko nga Pinky isa kang lawyer na may dalang SLR lagi nun :p

speaking of SLRs, reviwe ko SOny DSC R1 ngaun! well, hindi sya talaga SLR, pero it has qualities of an SLR. yeh!

hi Kat. i think i saw u sa MRT. do u take the MRT home ba?

katzee said...

Thanks Gladys!

Tyler Durden, nope, I don't take the MRT home pero lagi akong sumasakay dun pag pinupuntahan ko ang boyfriend ko sa OSMA. :)

Btw, do we know each other personally ba?

katzee said...

Haha, Ronaldo!!! :)

tyler durden said...

Ronaldo Santiago po :)