Wednesday, February 8, 2006

hung over

(Details may vary from actual events. Writer was intoxicated during the event, which may have affected her memory.)

Last Sunday, I woke up with the worst hang over I've had in years.

Saturday night was inuman/videoke night with highschool friends Bjorn, Noralyn, Pia, Tatan and Drea. I asked them to have dinner at the house so I cooked spicy (which turn
ed out to be not spicy at all) fried chicken, pork adobo and chopsuey. They all loved the food, thank God! I haven't cooked in quite a while. Mom's improved her cooking skills and I let her do the task even on weekends.

Anyway, after dinner with the girls, we watched Iron Chef while waiting for Bjorn. He arrived around 8:30pm. We fed him (haha, what a term) and asked him to drive us to 7/11. He volunteered to buy Cuervo but the 7/11 branch he went to didn't have it. We insisted on checking out to the branch along the highway.

The highway branch didn't have Cuervo too so we decided to just mix vodka and Cali Shandy. It was the first time I heard of such concoction but Pia said it was alright so I believed her. We bought a bottle of vodka (80 proof), a few cans of Cali and a couple cans of beer.


When we got home we wasted no time. Pia prepared the toma while we gathered on the sofa to start the videoke session. Turns out, Bjorn and Noralyn are such mic and songlist hogs. =)


After a while Pia joined us with a pitcher of mixed vodka and Cali. It looked like Nestea
Iced Tea that you'd think it's harmless. I was the tanggero so I had the honor of drinking the first glass. It tasted harmless too. Sarap. The liquid slid off smoothly down my throat. Walang kasabit-sabit unlike gin or tequila na super init.

After we consumed the first pitcher, we were all feeling hot. I decided to take a break and went to the terrace to get some fresh air and to smoke. We resumed a couple of minutes after.


We were able to finish up the second pitcher without doing anything crazy. I even thought na bumaba na tama ko. Siguro sila rin since we asked semi-intoxicated Bjorn to buy another bottle of vodka. He did.

If the first pitcher made us hot, the third one made us speak in tongues. I don't know how it started but we all began speaking coño english. Like you know, you know? Hehe.

After while we began dancing and our singing abilities (if we had them in the first place) became impaired. I couldn't read the lyrics from the TV and couldn't carry a proper tune. I was hilo. I couldn't get my butt off the floor that Bjorn had to pull me up.

I was officially drunk by then. I don't even know where I got the strength to bring myself to the restroom and throw-up (neatly) on the bowl. I'm proud that even if I was not assisted by anyone I managed to not spill anything on the floor. Hehe.


We were all done by the fourth pitcher that we were not able to drink all of it. After I threw up I fell asleep on the couch and I didn't notice when Tatan and Drea asked Bjorn to take them home.

I woke up 7am the next day feeling sluggish. Nakakaiyak ang sakit ng ulo! Grabe!

But I'm not swearing off alcohol, inuman sessions and videoke nights with friends. These are the stuff my life, at present, is made of and I'm willing to live with the consequences.

Sa uulitin. =)

3 comments:

gladys said...

parang gusto ko na rin mag-inuman, as in, now na! wala bang k1 reunion? :D

* tamad mag-log in*

Reden said...

kakainggit!

norah said...

kat! napalitan ko na ung eyeglasess ko ha.. told yah, i could replace that 10 times, like you know.. hahaha!