Wednesday, February 1, 2006

resolutions (?) for 1H 2006

I've divided my resolutions into two groups. Group A consists of resolutions that are not so fun but are important if I want to survive the next couple of years. The main objective of this set is to make Kat a better, more responsible adult, with a tremendous amount of self-control, determination and will.

Group B is more of a list of the things I want to do in the first half of the year. I designed this set to make me a better, well-rounded person--plus the fun!

Group A
1. Cut down or eliminate rice intake. I've gained what I lost a few months back and I need to lose it again in time for the summer. My tummy's beginning to bulge again and my thighs and arms...nevermind. I'll spare you the gory details. Hihi.

I know, I know. I should be dieting and exercising at the same time. But as you all know by now I'm a lazy girl and I can't and do not have any motivation to enroll in gym classes. Besides, I'm in no condition to engage in any rigorous physical activity whatsoever. See resolution number 2.

2. Cut down or eliminate cigarette consumption. I've suffered from asthmatic bronchitis recently and my refusal to stop smoking made it worse. I think I was coughing for a month. Not good.

Besides, nicotine affects a woman's fertility, not that I have plans of bearing a child soon. But according to Cosmopolitan, the sooner you cut back, the better your chances of reversing the effects of the chemical. So, there.

3. Stop swiping my credit cards. I've turned into a shopaholic since I implemented a minor wardrobe overhaul. Since I cannot pay more than the minimum amount due per month, I have to stop spending so my debt won't accumulate. I've done it once, I can do it again. Goal: zero debt before my birthday.

4. Start saving. I've begun setting aside a certain amount of money per payday so I can open a savings account. Hopefully, I'd be able to pool a decent amount of money for...well...the future, whatever that is.

5. Figure out the career path I want to take. Do I want to be a copy writer/editor? A teacher? A counselor? A doctor?

Group B
1. Travel. Thankfully, the factory has scheduled me for a trip somewhere in Asia. This will be in April and although I'm anxious about travelling alone to that place where rarely anyone speaks English, I'm excited too.

However, aside from that business trip, I hope I'll be able to go to Guimaras or Boracay in the summer. If not, any island in the Philippines will do. I just want to see a new place.

2. Read more. I've started the year right by reading Memoirs of a Geisha. I can say it's the perfect material for someone who wants to get back on the reading track. Ang ganda niya, promise! I've also begun reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, which my sister gave me two Christmases ago. What a shame! Ngayon ko lang binuklat!

Other books in my reading list are, in no particular order:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Virgin Suicides
Middlesex
Come Together
Come Again
Atonement
American Gods
By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept

And many others. They're just all there, gathering dust on the shelf, waiting for me to take notice of them. Don't worry dear books, I will soon devour each of you. =)

3. Play the guitar more and learn to tune the strings. I need to learn to tune or else I won't be able to play anything. I feel sorry for my guitar. He's just standing there at the corner of my dormroom. I think he's beginning to rot. I need to take him out soon.

4. Ensure that time spent with family, friends and boyfriend is of good quality. 'Nuff said.

5. Pray more. Must get back in touch with my spriritual side.


6 comments:

tracy c. said...

wow, feb na. never too late for a set of resolutions. :) hmm, i wonder if i should make a list of my own?

nice said...

naku kasama din sa list ko ang diet and exercise. forever ko na atang resolution yan. fehk.

nways, u did it before, kaya mo ulitin yan!

Reden said...

sana ay matupad lahat nang yan... tulungan kita to achieve most of them :)

TwistedHalo said...

elvin said...
haha. kala ko ako na lang ang di nakakabasa sa Potter 6.


isama nyo ko sa hindi pa nakakabasa ng book 6! boohoo!

nde ko masyadong nagustuhan yung Virgin Suicides. ang mahal pa naman! hehe. :D

tyler durden said...

patay si ____ sa page 596. In-Avada Kevadra ni ano, pare, tsk-tsk....

Lucille said...

Buti na lang pala nag-LOA ako. So minarathon ko Harry Potter books 1-6 last sem. Hehe. :)