Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Kite Runner

Rating:★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Drama
This is the film adaptation of Khaled Hosseini's book. It is a story about loyalty, friendship and redeeming one's self. The movie also shed light on Afghanistan's history and the culture of its people.

Have yet to read the book so I can't say if the film was loyal to the original story. For me, however, the part where the main character risks his life just to find his friend's son is not believable. Parang hindi consistent sa character niya. But people change through the years so sige na nga. Pwede na. =)

1 comment:

MaYeTTe Castro said...

I've read the book and watched the movie. I love the book but hate the film. The book was fantastic, I've never cried so much reading. It's one of my favorite. You should also read 'Emma who saved my life'. It was efF'in hilarious kat, you'd love it. - well, perhaps not the end as Emma was mental. But, do read it! Btw, after Kite Runner was his second book I think.. Thousand splendid suns.. never finished it, it was a bit boring.