Thursday, August 21, 2008

a place to see before I die

Since I'm done for the day, I started browsing the office's copy of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die. Naturally, inuna ko ang places to see sa Pinas. There were only three: Taal Volcano, Banaue Rice Terraces and Amanpulo.

Taal Volcano I already saw. I still haven't seen Banaue Rice Terraces but that's easy. What caught my fancy was Amanpulo.


I go online to check this resort-to-see-before-I-die and I was blown away! Ang ganda! Ang puti ng sand, ang water, pristine. Walang sinabi ang Krabi. I checked the rates and ahahay! So expensive! Nasa USD pa ang presyo!

I sent an e-mail to check if they have special rates for locals. After a few hours, I got a reply from their reservations desk. Meron nga, pero naman, still expensive!

One night is P27,500 (+10% SC, +12% government tax), tapos ang minimum is two nights. Do the math. Bukod pa yung P13,000 net/person round trip airfare from Manila to Amanpulo and vice versa.

Ayayay. Cannot afford lah!

Puerto Galera na lang tayo. Hahahaha.

5 comments:

Carlo & Pia's Wedding said...

dream honeymoon destination ko din yan Kat. Pero sa panaginip na lang. hahaha unless manalo kami sa lotto.

mayen zuno said...

nasa listahan ko naman e Italy and France

Pallas 10 said...

grabe ang presyo!!! isa lang ba yung resort dun? na-excite ako sa pic :-)

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

yup. private island yan. =)

manalili liz grace said...

Yup. That place is really expensive pero it's very nice and relaxing khit na stressful pag inisip mo ang cost.

Nwei, You're still young and still can save up for this wonderful trip.