Friday, June 16, 2006

update

I got the U/S results yesterday. It had a BIRAD 4 rating, meaning the lump is suspicious and a biopsy is recommended so that the tissue can be diagnosed. I read in the internet that a significant percentage of BIRAD 4's are benign. Let's pray that mine's included in that significant percentage.

The OB told me to wait until my period comes because the lumps may just be caused by hormonal changes. But I think I can't wait any longer. The anxiety is killing me! B and I are going to seek another OB's opinion tomorrow. The sooner we get a conclusive diagnosis, the better. I'm willing to go under the knife naman para lang matapos na.

Thank you to everyone who's praying for me. Tuloy lang ang dasal. =)

******

Yesterday morning, before I went to see the doctor, I stayed at the MMC to look after my aunt. She was undergoing chemotherapy for her leukemia. She was really weak.

She said pagod na siya magpagamot and she asked her doctor to tell her na how much time she has left. That's really brave of her. Sabi niya she's not blaming God naman and she embraces everything as it is.

Her Christian friends visited her and read bible verses to her. Nakinig na rin ako. Sabi nila if you are a believer, there is no such thing as coincidence. Lahat ng bagay predetermined. Tapos problems daw are God's megaphone to us. Parang they remind us na God is in-charge, that He calls the shots.

I guess I needed to be reminded of that.

5 comments:

Lynx said...

don't lose hope dear =)

nice said...

don't worry too much girl, for all we know it's just hormonal thingy. my mom's on her way to recovery from stage 2-3 breast cancer :) just believe in the power of prayer :)

Kitchie said...

Grabe Kat hindi mo kinuwento sa akin ito kanina.

i pray for everything to be ok. . .

u take care

Anonymous said...

hi kat,

nagulat ako sa posts mo. sorry ngayon ko lang nabasa. pero tama yan, just have the right attitude and always be positive that things will get better...here's another friend praying for your safety.

-jhk

zeusa said...

kat, i hope everything will be ok... ako din meron lump pero di ko pinansin kasi nung nagpamedical ako i'm about to have my period...baka hormonal changes lang daw e...hmm.. anyway, sana maging ok ang lahat...