Wednesday, January 18, 2006

SM-aholic

I love SM. SM Makati to be exact. Eversince I was a kid, my mom and dad would take us shopping there during the Christmas season and every June, at the start of classes. I would get excited when I see the familiar SM sign in blue and white. Even at 6 years old, SM already stood for shopping paradise.

Now I'm 24 and I still turn to SM for my needs--groceries, clothes, shoes and kikay stuff. Yes, kikay stuff is a necessity to me!

SM's kikay loot is fabulous. You can expect to find anything you need to prettify. There's lotsa accessories, makeup, perfume, skin and hair products, etc. They're all there--from the cheapest to the most expensive brands.

Aside from kikay stuff, SM offers a great selection of clothes. Of course, nothing beats my favorite boutiques BAYO, Kamiseta, Celine and Maldita, but in times when I can't use my credit cards (like now), I turn to SM. I'll surely find something cheap and decent to wear there. SM provides a less expensive alternative to faux fashionistas like me.

They also have a range of footwear--wedges, ballerina flats, kitten heels, stilettos, boots and tsinelas! When I'm not allowed to check out shoes in Celine (they're an investment when you buy them from there) or when I'm trying to resist the urge to purchase Havaianas (promise, it's so hard to resist the temptation sometimes!), I go to the ever reliable SM to buy myself Parisian flats or flipflops from Planet or Banana Peel.

And, of course, when there's shoes, there's bags. There's a lot of bags to choose from in SM. I do not buy bags as much as I buy shoes or clothes but when I need one in a trendy color, I shop in SM. Last night I bought myself a plum bag from Secosana and it cost only P290. That amount wouldn't even buy me a wallet If I were to buy from Celine or Girbaud.

Usually, when something comes cheap, it is assumed that the quality is low. But stuff from SM, surprisingly, last longer than expected, which makes shopping there really worthwhile. You just have to be patient enough to scour through a couple of floors and a lot of racks, and surely, you'll find what you're looking for.

******

Latest SM finds:

Brown ballerina flats with rust buttons: P399
Plum ballerina flats with rust ring and buttons: P399
Plum Secosana bag: P290

And, can I just say that I didn't swipe any of my cards?


3 comments:

nice said...

i hate their long lines, but yep, i love the items! i don't feel robbed after a shopping spree.

Reden said...

Read: SM stockholder =P

Anonymous said...

...w-o-w! another thing we have in common: LOVE FOR SM (Makati in particular)

been such a fan, too, since I was a kid ;-)

-jeko