Wednesday, January 25, 2006

another "last day"

It's been barely two weeks since B left and again it's someone's last day here at the factory.

It's not a a very pleasant thing to experience, seeing people leave. Of course I understand that everyone moves on and that change is the only permanent thing in this world. It's just that I was never really good with goodbyes.

One of the major reasons I was able to last two years here is my best friend and the friends I made.

I've known Marge since freshman year in college. She was my blockmate and my thesis partner. Marge is the culprit behind my being EETA's 15th floor correspondent.

But before that, there was Dani. She was my teammate and we got to know each other better through yosi sessions when we shared our hopes, fears, angsts. She became a close friend.

When she left, EETA became "my team." (Not that I have anything against my real team. It's just that there are persons you effortlessly click with right away.) Because of them, I didn't have to endure eating lunch alone at the cafeteria. Marge (when she didn't have a lunch date with her SO), Reden (who's now my B), Dave, Denice, Jec, Rey, and later, Selena, became my constant lunch buddies. Minsan sabit si Kitch at si Anthony.

This lot was hilarious. All we did was talk and laugh and talk and laugh some more. Being with them made stressful work days bearable and to an extent has helped keep me sane.

Now they've all gone save for Marge and Selena and I can't help but feel nostalgic. We shared really good times.

I miss the e-mail loops and the mp3 and jpg exchanges. I also miss our lunches at New Bombay, Old Spaghetti House, Jollibee, McDonald's and the Citibank Tower canteen, our videoke parties and even our Makati Ave-Ayala Ave. after-work walks. Makati is a cold place when you're alone.

Oh well, life's like that. Sooner or later I'll move on myself. Ganon naman tayo lahat, we're constantly searching for "greener" pastures, for places and things that will make us the persons we should be. That's human nature and it's not bad at all.

Sometimes being the one left behind is just hard to bear. But then, there are new friends to make. After all, this is not the end. There will be opportunities for us to see each other again.

Life. Must. Go. On.

******

Denice, farewell and good luck to you!

We'll surely miss our Tita D!

4 comments:

Reden said...

Aw, I suddenly miss the EETA oldies. :(

"Makati is a cold place when you're alone." <-- Ortigas, too. :(

Lynx said...

Kitchie, Jerico, Reden and then Denice...

Sigh*

nice said...

mamimiss ko rin kayo!!! di nyo lang alam how difficult it was to leave GS because of you guys. *sob* sana reunion tayo pag dating ni jec...

Anonymous said...

...yeah, we'll miss tita d.

nice, reunion tayo ;-)

jeko