Wednesday, November 16, 2011

catch-up

I've neglected this blog for a while because real life has been keeping me lazy busy.

For starters, Ziv cut his two lower front teeth a few days ago. I was stressed out by his crankiness I didn't find myself to be in the mood to write anything. I'm so glad the teething drama is over now and he's back to being chirpy. I hope (crossing fingers!!!) the next time a tooth comes in he won't be as affected by it as the first time. 
My two-teethed boy is happy again!
I've also been trying to organize around here. I already managed to get rid of our old things and sent them to the Philippines via LBC. My sis will try to make some money off selling my old clothes, shoes and bags. I also sent back Ziv's too-small clothes and an unused rocker so we could give them to our laundry lady's grandchild. Indeed, another man's trash (not that our old stuff is in a garbage-y condition) is another's treasure!

I was able to tackle the common room too. Threw some stuff, kept a lot. Now the bed is actually a bed, not Smokey Mountain, and the floor has reemerged!

The common room, before and after
There are still a couple of things I need to figure out, like where to keep our seldom-used-but-still-needed things. Buying new cabinets for storage is out of the question so I've got to be creative, but the stuff at Organize.com are making me drooooool!

Oh, I also set up the Christmas tree over the weekend. Ziv was so happy when he first saw it. We turned out the lights and that kept him occupied for a good half hour. He just sat on his high chair and soaked all the details in.

Our humble Christmas tree at our former dining area

We hung the parol too. It worked but after a few seconds, its plug blew up! It set off the fuse so we didn't have electricity for a minute or two. That parol is three years old and made our three Christmases in the old apartment more colorful. It certainly didn't die in vain.

Now I shall leave with a video called Moments, which was produced by Everynone. I love how they captured the tiny moments we usually don't pay attention to. These microseconds actually add up and make up one big life. If we are completely present, we'll realize how beautiful those moments and our life really is.

Watch. I hope it will inspire you to appreciate every moment.



1 comment:

gie said...

Yey for the Christmas tree! wala pa yung samin, wala pang time. hehe :)