Friday, July 4, 2008

i finally found it

It may be premature to say this but I think I found THE job. I've been here for four days and I'm loving everything about it--the company, my boss, my teammates and the job itself.

It's fun to write about hotels all over the world. I like everything that goes into writing a 140-word hotel description. Along the way I learn about new places and how different people who have been to those places have varied opinions. Some say Lisbon is a nice place, others say it is dangerous (lots of pickpockets). This job adds fire to my passion for travel. I want to see the world!

Aside from that, my boss is so cool. He's so positive. He uses words like "great" and "excellent" and starts his sentences with "i would be happy if..." He's the kind of boss anyone would love to work for and would never mind seeing and being with every single day. Kanina nga nagpaalam ako for my leave on Thursday. Ang opening ko, "Sorry to bother you G," and he said "don't be sorry." Nung tinanong ko naman kung ok lang ako magwork from home in case di ko kaya pumasok the next day, sabi niya "I would be happy if you work from home on Friday." Hay salamat.

At ang teammates ko! Kahit di ko sila madalas nakakasama dahil work from home sila, ok naman sila pag andito. Si O, subeditor sa una kong work dito sa Singapore. She is now a senior copywriter here and subs my work. Hindi din siya nagkukulang sa praises pag okay ang trabaho ko.

And the company. Hay salamat at nakatagpo ako ng organization na organized talaga at hindi lang nagpapanggap na organized. After my previous jobs here, I realized that in companies, I prefer yung may malinaw na structure, may malinaw na objectives, may malinaw na role at tasks ang mga tao, like sa GS.

Sana tuloy-tuloy na ito at hindi matapos ang kontrata ko sa December. Pero kung ganon, nagpapasalamat pa din ako at andito ako ngayon. Happppppppyyyyyyyyyy!

Totoo talaga na if you follow your passion, everything will fall into place.

5 comments:

Gidget Aranda said...

happy for you! it's such as great feeling isn't it? =)

MaYeTTe Castro said...

yihee burger burger burger!

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

oo nga gidget! congrats to us! =)

Tracy Carpena said...

huwow! :-) congrats, kat! :-)

gladys pinky said...

Ang swerte nyo ni Gidget... although my present job is okay din naman hehe :P