Friday, July 11, 2008

And the ouch is over

Gone through the mammotomy yesterday. The operation only lasted about 25 minutes. Thanks to technology. =)

As soon as the nurse called me in the operating room, she asked me to lie down to take off my gown and lie on the bed. The room was small, with just Dr Chuwa and two nurses. No steel in sight, just the ultrasound and mammotome machine.

Dr Chuwa went down to business straight away. She was trying her best to comfort me and told me to not look at her and instead turn my attention to the ultrasound screen or just close my eyes. I preferred to watch so I turned my head toward the screen. Hindi na siya nagpaligoy-ligoy at after malinisan ang area sa right breast ko ay tinusok ang needle for the anesthesia. Kurot lang ito, I thought.

Hindi ko na naramdaman na pinasok niya ang needle for the mammotomy pero nakita ko sa screen. It was a long, white line. The doctor was trying to catch the lump. She said it was running away from her. After a while nahuli din niya and the process began. I saw how the lumps (black holes on the screen) slowly began to disappear. The other lump had calcifications at sabi ni doc, mapapansin ko daw na magiiba ang sound nung machine. True enough, when she was working on the calcified area, para bang hinapo yung machine. Mejo pumurol yung blade after kaya medyo natagalan before maubos lahat. Towards the end of the operation, medyo nararamdaman ko na yung kirot. Tiniis ko na lang. Tinanong nga ako ni doc kung nung operation ko daw ba sa Manila ay gising ako. Sabi ko oo. "No wonder you can take this," sabi niya.

Tapos nun one of the nurses started applying pressure on my wound para tumigil ang bleeding. The other one showed me the fleshy stuff the machine sucked out of me. It was like ground beef na mas soft ang texture and mas red. In a couple of minutes, I was out of there. Wala akong sakit na naramdaman.

Buti na lang pumayag ang hospital na bayaran namin ng installment. Hay salamat, di namin magagalaw ang savings namin.

Ok naman lahat after that. Except last night nung sumakit talaga ng todo yung wound. Napaiyak ako sa sakit. Uminom na lang ako ng dalawang Biogesic at nakatulog na. This morning walang sakit at all.

Next week lalabas ang biopsy results. I was given nine days of rest so work from home na lang ako starting next week. Ang bait nga ng boss ko. Inemail ko siya kahapon and sabi niya wag ko daw pwersahin sarili ko magwork kung kailangan ko daw magrest.

Hay salamat. Can finally catch up on my reading.




7 comments:

Apple Mateo said...

You sound ok naman at hindi pala masakit :) Sana hindi bad ang result ng biopsy. And wow yung operation, that is sooo grey's anatomy! :D

mayen zuno said...

Get plenty of rest and think only of good thoughts. God is good. Love you.

leng dela rosa said...

hope you're feeling better now. miss ka namin! hugs!

* johanna * said...

ngayon ko lang narinig ang mammotomy kaya ginoogle search ko agad. buti pala may ganito nang technology ngayon. galing din ah.
i hope things go well. :)

Danilova 8288 said...

ingat. ingat. and be extra nice to yourself this next few days.

Melissa Christina Santos said...

meron na kayang ganyan dito sa manila? ayoko na rin maoperahan ulit.

Kat Zuño-Mateo said...

i checked online and meron sa st. lukes. di ko alam kung meron in sa other hospitals.