Wednesday, March 1, 2006

meet the parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.

More than just frolic in the beach, I did something else in Boracay--mingle with B's family.

Perhaps meeting your significant other's family is one of the scariest things you have to endure in your entire life. Siempre, you don't know what they'll think of you tapos you're unsure pa of how you'll act around them. Mahirap manimpla eh.

Fortunately for me, everything turned out well.

I'm quite surprised with myself dahil hindi naman ako inherently machicka and I don't easily warm up to people. Pero siguro dahil machicka and warm ang family ni B, naging warm at machicka din ako sa kanila. It was easy to get comfortable and let your guard down with them.

As proof na successful ang immersion ko, B's cousins invited me to go to Calapan in the summer so we can all go to Galera and this other island, the name of which escapes me now.

That's a major accomplishment because I'm really shy. Madalas pa people think I'm suplada. I'm happy that I got over one major "hurdle."

Siguro when the person's right for you talaga, everything just falls into place. =)

3 comments:

Reden said...

This post means so much to me. I love you, B!

I hope we can join our cousins in Bulabod. :)

katzee said...

I love you too!

Anonymous said...

i can so relate to this...

-jeko