Monday, March 27, 2006

downtime

There's this manong in Citibank Center who everyone calls Ma'am/Sir-please-pin-your-id. The majority of the employees working in the building knows him by that moniker, which happens to be his constant reminder to everyone.

During times like this, when my hormones are taking on a life of their own and when I don't feel any zest for my job at all, I envy him. Manong please-pin-your-id seems to be doing his job with such zeal and ardor. He does it every single day for God knows how many hours. He doesn't seem to get tired of saying his famous line every friggin' minute, if needed, despite the occasional pasaway who wouldn't pin his/her id. I don't know how much he gets paid, but he doesn't seem to mind.

I wish I can do my job with such passion, regardless of the pasaway *insert nationality here* writers who couldn't follow the memos, no matter how detailed they are. I wish I can find the enthusiasm to do it everyday despite stuff I couldn't say here, unless I want to become a bum tomorrow.

Gad.

It's gonna be a long, boring, but hopefully productive week.

I hope I hear some great news soon.

******

I want my mommy's adobo. I need some comfort food.

2 comments:

tracy c. said...

minsan, napapaisip ako, ilang beses n'ya kaya nasasabi iyong "good morning ma'am/sir. please pin your id." in a day.
hmmm.

j0 H. said...

hi.. just readi n through your entries.. i can relate to your last post though, somehow i do.. but y'know what? its just in the matter of appreciating what u have.. rather than sticking to those shitty things that u dont have. sure, at times u think life is too monotonous.. but hey, u can do nothing bout it but enjoy it up to the last freakin minute of ur existence! cheerios!