Monday, January 11, 2010

happy new year

So there. Recalling and writing my mom's final days have been a cathartic experience, and one I felt was necessary for me to begin healing. After I've finished the last part, I instantly felt lighter and my mind clearer, free of bits and pieces that I was holding on to. I didn't want to forget the tiny details. I just needed to release them so I can be fully present in my life. After all, it's a new year.

And what's a new year without new goals? Mine are not necessarily new. They're rehashed goals of yesteryears - lose weight, find a job I'll enjoy, be more present, spend more time doing the things that make me happy. And like last year, I'll do my best to stick to these changes beyond March. If I don't, then I'll keep trying. Practice makes perfect, right? 


1 comment:

Denice C. said...

kaya mo yan, good luck! :)