Sunday, September 7, 2008

our new love

Our favorite noodle dish is Hokkien Mee. But Katong Laksa just trumped it. 328 Katong Laksa to be exact.

The first time I tried laksa, I hated it. I swore never to eat it again. But now I'm eating my words. Nung una sa maling tindahan lang kami bumili. If you're going to Singapore and you want to try laksa, you should only do so at 328. Super sarap.


According to Wikipedia:

Katong laksa (Malay: Laksa Katong) is a variant of laksa lemak from the Katong area of Singapore. In Katong laksa, the noodles are normally cut up into smaller pieces so that the entire dish can be eaten with a spoon alone (that is, without chopsticks or a fork). Katong laksa is a strong contender for the heavily competed title of Singapore's national dish.

I'd pick Katong Laksa over Chicken Rice anytime as Singapore's national dish!

328 Katong Laksa is just a short walk from Holy Family Church so after hearing mass tonight, we went straight to the shop and ordered our $4.50-bowls of hot katong laksa, with sambal chili of course. Yummm.


To down our delicious laksa, we ordered Siam coconut. Hay. Sarap!

4 comments:

Reden Mateo said...

I ♥ Katong laksa. =)

Apple Mateo said...

hala hindi ko na kayo maintindihan :D

LiA Zuño said...

baka panis na yung nakain nyo dati. hahaha

mayen zuno said...

e kasi nga, acquired taste na. Singaporean na nga kayo.