Thursday, June 5, 2008

No rainbow without rain

Yesterday on our way to work, B and I saw a really huge rainbow. We marveled at its beauty. Nun lang ulit kasi kami nakakita ng rainbow. Parang first time ata sa Singapore. We didn't realise at that time that it was God, smiling at us, telling us that a good life is waiting for us here despite the many things that make us feel otherwise.

Last night, we got the letter we've been waiting for for five months. When I saw it, I told B, "Ito na!." Pagkatapos namin magsampay ng labada namin, nagmadali kami pumasok sa kwarto at binuksan yung envelope. The government of Singapore congratulated us and officially welcomed us as part of their nation as permanent residents.

I didn't realise I would be ecstatic to be granted PR status. Last year I told B there was no need for us to do it. B explained to me of the advantages of being PR (being able to job hop more easily, for one, hehehe) and eventually convinced me. Sabi ko, sige na nga. Looks like we'll be staying here for a while naman.

We have yet to formalise our PR status here but we'll do that when we get back from our real home, Pinas. =)

PS

Today, I have received another great news. Kwento to follow when things have been settled and finalised.

Salamat talaga Lord. Winner ka. =)

 

4 comments:

Yaps Angeles-Belleza said...

aww. iiwan mo na talaga kami. :(

selena salang said...

congratulations kat!!! :) sana ang ibig sabihin din niyan ay mas madalas ka rin makakadalaw kasi secure na ang singapore sa inyo haha.

Melissa Christina Santos said...

wow kat congrats. :-) i agree winner talaga si God. bumubwelo lang Siya minsan. I'm excited to hear the other great news. :-)

Yeriquo Abila said...

Uy, congrats! Buti pa jan ambilis ng permanent residency. Now wala na kayong kawala sa SG ;-)