Wednesday, May 13, 2009

self-talk

No matter how happy we are and how perfect our life may seem, there are just days when things are a bit off and we lose sight of what is important and great in our lives. I've had a lot of those days and yesterday and the day before and the day before the day before yesterday, were among those when I felt nothing was going right and I was anxious and pressured and stressed.

So this morning when I got to work, I decided that I wanted today to  be different. I realized that nobody else can "fix" the things going on in my mind except me. I sat down and gave myself a talking-to via a very honest journal entry. It's amazing how writing down everything that was bothering me freed me from all of it. After I ended the entry, I felt lighter, more free, peaceful, happy.

On a pink Post-it, I wrote myself a note. It's sort of a door I can get out of in case stressful situations arise, a drug my crazy self can take so she can become lucid again. The note only contains four small words, but has a huge, huge impact on my disposition:

I AM HERE NOW.

I wrote it so I'll always remember that this moment is all I got and I should be here, present and aware. It's so easy to get caught up in life's should be's and what if's that I lose sight of what's right before me. I've got plenty to be thankful for so complaining about a thing or two about what I perceive I lack or not going right in my life is such a waste of energy and just plain unnecessary!

Woah!


All is good great!

Namaste. 

No comments: