Wednesday, March 28, 2012

happy

Source: visually.visually.netdna-cdn.com via KATE on Pinterest

I put my son down for his nap then I immediately go to the kitchen. I wash stuff we used for lunch. I rid Ziv's high chair of food he's failed to put in his mouth then clean it with antibacterial wipes. I sweep the floor then clear off morsels of chicken and couscous from the dining table. I go to the bathroom where Ziv's poop-stained shorts await. I rinse it with water then leave it to soak in water with detergent. Finally, I get to make my coffee.

As I pour the sweet smelling 3-in-1 mix into my mug, I feel a sense of calm come over me and then I realize something: I am happy.

Yes, I get tired. Yes, I complain. But I am happy. All the chores and care giving duties feel chaotic and stressful at times but I love doing them. Aside from giving me a sense of purpose, doing them brings me joy.

You know that feeling that you're right where you're supposed to be and doing what you're supposed to be doing? 

That's how I feel.

My heart is smiling.

No comments: